PTE academic examination module consists of questions and messages to test the reading skills of the student. The important point to remember is this module is a single-timed section. A student needs to read the questionnaire thoroughly before answering it.
Let’s know some of the important points before attending the questions;
- One of the most important points is to remember its timing. Every student would get 32-35 minutes for answering the questions.
- The students need to keep an eye on the timer on the screen. It is mandatory that the students finish all the sections during the allotted time limit. But no time allotment is there for the items in the questionnaire.
PTE Academic Reading Section – An Overview
Let’s take a brief look at the items and other relevant things under them. The students could accordingly adjust their time to solve the questions.
- Multiple Choice (single answer)– It assesses the reading skill. In the “multiple choice” questions, the candidate needs to choose the correct right answer. He/she would select the answer after going through the passage completely. The number of available items is 2-3 and it consists of a text up to 110 words.
- Multiple choice (multiple answers)- This is also a test for assessment of reading. Unlike the earlier test, the student would have to give more than one answers. The prompt length for this could go up to 300 words. The number of items could go up to 2-3 answers and for each reply, the candidate gets a partial credit.
- Reorder paragraphs– In this test, many sentences or paragraphs would get placed on the left side in a random order. The candidate would drag and drop them in order to make complete sentences. The text in this paragraph could go up to 150 words. The student would get the partial credit for each correct answer.
- Reading fill-in the blanks– In this part of the test, the paragraph on the screen would have several blanks. The students have to drag and drop the words given below the paragraphs and fill up the blanks to make the sentences in the paragraph complete and meaningful. The number of items could vary up to 4 to 5 as it is a text up to 80 words.
- Reading and writing (Fill in the blanks)- As the last part of the test, the students would have to choose the correct answer from the “drop-down” list and then fill up the blanks in the sentences. The number of items could go up to 6 and they would get partial credit for each correct answer. Being a text up to 300 words, the number of items could vary from 4 to 5.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):
1. What is multiple choice question- single answer?
Ans – The students would get a passage and they would go through the text carefully. Below the text they would get multiple questions and select the right answer.
2. What is multiple choice questions with multiple answers?
Ans – it is a passage with multiple options mentioned below. The students would select more than one answers, which they think as correct.
3. How does the judgment of the merit of the students get done?
Ans – Students get considered about their merit solely from their skills in reading.